How to start blogging? I get asked this question all the time. People feel you have to be a computer nerd in order to have your own blog. Well, you don’t need to be a computer whiz. In the following post, I am going to show you how to start blogging. I suggest beginning with a site utilizing WordPress.org. Why? This sort of webpage will give you the most flexibility and the most control over your site. There is a little cost included, yet it will be worth in over the long haul to have all out control over your own site. The main thing you will have to do is set up your blog and get your blog hosted. Alright, let begin on how to start blogging.
1) SELECT A DOMAIN NAME AND GET IT REGISTERED
You’ll need to do some exploration before you pick a name for your web journal. You need something that fits you as well as your blog. If you are having trouble thinking of a domain name, look at BustAName. It permits you to sort in some catchphrases you need to use in your domain name and makes recommendations.
Now that you have the ideal name, you now need to register it so nobody else takes it. You could register it where you buy your hosting. We’ll discuss setting up hosting in a moment and give you a case of enrolling both parts together. Another alternative would be to buy your domain name independently from your hosting bundle, which some would say includes an additional layer of security however can likewise convoluted things a bit. I suggest you keep things as basic as could be expected under the circumstances and exploit the free area name with Bluehost.
2) SELECTING A HOSTING COMPANY
You need to pick a reliable host in light of the fact that in the event that they have issues, you have issues. Think of your hosting is where your website lives, so it influences your webpage pace and availability. Backing is likewise an imperative component to consider while picking a host. You need to have the capacity to call when an issue emerges and have it settled immediately to stay away from site downtime however much as could reasonably be expected. In case you’re simply beginning and need a stunning mix of value, rate, and unwavering quality, I suggest Bluehost. It’s a major organization yet we’ve had an incredible involvement with Bluehost.
3) SETTING UP HOSTING ON BLUEHOST
1) I’m going to walk you through the progressions of beginning with Bluehost. Ready? Ok, here we go…
2) On the next screen, you will be asked to select your plan. Since you are just starting, I would suggest selecting the basic package. Once your blog starts picking up or you want to start another blog, you can change plans.
3) You’ve effectively registered a domain name. To register a new domain with BlueHost, enter it in the new domain and press enter
4) Enter your account and contact information
5) Proceed down to the package information area. You get the least expensive month to month rate by selecting 36 months. It’s imperative to note that Bluehost charges you for the full the 36 months upright. You are pre paying for the hosting. That is one reason they can offer awesome hosting at such a little cost. They generally have that cash back certification, guarantee, so you won’t chance losing your cash.
There are different services available on this screen however don’t stress over those yet. You can simply include them later. I would suggest setting up some backup of your blog. For this I use the plugin called WordPress Backup to DropBox.
6) Enter your payment information
7) You officially have a Bluehost account. Next you need to create your password
8) Next, you will need to create a password.
Do not forget the password and make sure you chose a strong password.
9) The first time you log into your account, you will see a helpful welcome message. You can close this window, because I’m walking you through the process.
10) After exited the welcome window, you’ll be in your account dashboard.
The first thing you need is install WordPress. Click the install WordPress button and Press Install Now
11) Now you want to name your site and create a username for WordPress
12) Check your email and you will be receiving an email from Mojo Marketplace.
This email contains your URL, WordPress administration login. Also, click on view password.
13) When you will login you will be presented the WordPress dashboard.
This is the main area will you will be working. Spend some time so you become familiar with this.
This concludes my post on how to start blogging. If you have any questions, please contact me. If I don’t know the answer, I’m sure my husband will know it. He is a software developer so please ask away.