I don’t really know why spring cleaning is really a thing. Why not clean your home and freshen it up year-round? I do these things I’m going to talk about every few weeks, year-round. I came to realize the term spring clean was a way to freshen your home, but why wait until Spring. Here is my list of ways to get the job done with some tips that help you freshen up.
- I start in the living room/play room and just work my way around the house. It roughly takes me around a day to clean the house. I wipe the walls, pictures, and baseboards completely down. Along with all furniture. I usually do this every few weeks because I have a munchkin with terrible allergies to dust. So, to keep her from breathing easy we cut dust as much as possible. I use Mr. Clean and warm water in a bucket with a microfiber towel.
- Next, windows; on the inside and outside to get a clean fresh appearance. I hate window streaks and the little paper parts that fall off on the windows when you wipe those down. My helpful hint is to use Windex with newspaper to get streak free and paper free perfect windows.
- I have hard wood flooring in my entire house. I use a swifter on that flooring daily. So, every few weeks I like to shine that beautiful flooring with Bona wood floor cleaner. The one room that I have carpet in, I scrub the carpet and do the couches while I’m doing the floors. I take all the cushions off the couch, vacuum it and then use Resolve to scrub the couch so it gets the fresh smell and looks brand new.
- Kitchen cabinets get so much grime and dirt on them. My cabinets are pure white wood. They gather a lot of food and splatters that are visible noticeable. I wipe them down as I see the mess on them daily. However, every few weeks I take a Mr. Clean magic eraser and do the entire kitchen to remove any grease grim, dirt or splatters. They look great when they are done and no more stickiness on them.
- Bathroom- I wipe my sinks and tubs out daily. But again, how I freshen it up I switch out all tooth brushes and clean the drawers where I keep those. I use the kitchen silverware organizers in the bathroom drawer to keep everyone’s separate. I run the drawers in the dish washer to sanitize and buy new tooth brushes. I throw away old medicine wipe out all the drawers and organize the entire space. I use a magic eraser to clean the vanity and tubs.
- Bedrooms-. I clean our sheets weekly, every Monday to be exact. I spray the mattresses with a Clorox spray for mattresses, and I throw new sheets on the beds. I wash the others and throw those in the hall closet for next round. So how do I freshen the beds? I switch the comforters out to give a new fresh look. You wouldn’t believe the difference this can do. I buy comforters on sale usually at target for less than 20 dollars at a time when a good sale pops up. When I switch comforters in the bedrooms the rooms look and feel so fresh. I store the others in a save safer bag in the hall closet. Another good reason to buy extra comforters is when your kids are sick you can re make a bed and throw them in a fresh bed in minutes.
These six spring cleaning tips are my personal favorites to a fresher home. I always have these cleaners on hand. These are my personal favorites to a fresh clean home. What are some of your freshen up tips that you like to use in your home?